2007年4月19日星期四

254 days left

If you are under the water, what's your most desired thing? Of cause the air! So if you desire the success of the Graduate Exam(GE) just as you desire air under the water, triumphs will be anywhere you would be.
This sentence comes from an article wrote by a predecessor of the GE on the Internet. However, who can actually do that? Even though I'm quite sure that if there is anyone who followed that would be success undoubtedly.
But one thing is sure that I must have a strong expectation of the success at least, that is—I can do that! Then it will help me to strengthen my confidence.
Another important tip I got at the mathematics is that solving problems by yourself rather than just looking examples in books is crucial. One man said that because of his neglect of doing enough practice, he just got a poor score of 59 at the first time he take GE. He said when he was seeing the familiar problems on the paper with the knowledge of how to solve them but lacking of useful ways once he saw in the examples, he recognized that he has been actually making a mistake in "low hands with high eyes". Therefore, after the failure he started to do more exercises independently and at the second year he finally got an excellent score—147!
I think this is a revelational example for me, also a "low hands with high eyes" guy that reluctant to do exercises. I'm watching the PowerPoint of Mathematics now, sometimes I will take up my pen and solve problems on paper with the reference of examples on my computer screen. Apparently, the process is not independent and the exercises I took are obviously too little, so I should take enough time to do more exercises after watching PPT in the future. Practice makes perfect after all.

没有评论: