My father was such a man that I never want to be, especially for his rude attitude toward my mom and his selfishness as well as his illiberality. On the contrary, my mom is hospitable and very generous and it seems that she can forgive every thing.
But my mom can't read. In her opinion, this is the most vital vulnerability in her whole life, whereupon it becomes my father's most complacent reason that he finished his high school and my mother even didn't graduate from an elementary school. More of that, he looked down on my mom's rural identity, because he thought he lived in a big city.
I wondered why did he marry with his present wife, my mom? He's so proud that how can he fell in love with a rural girl without any school certificates? "I was blind that time," He said. If such words represent the more educated people in China, I would be inclined to retreat from my university unhesitatingly, that's the failing of education!
My mom was valetudinarian in her young ages, so she missed her school time regrettably. Besides, in 1970's, under the influence of the feudal culture, education is alway neglected for girls. So is it her wrong? Apparently not!
But my father didn't think so. He even shared this to his relatives and laughed at my mom together! How dare he do such mean things? He have completely forgotten that the woman he looked down was his own wife.
......to be continued
没有评论:
发表评论